Junior Java Developer **REMOTE**
Location: Arlington, VA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
- Holds or has held a top secret or public trust clearance.
- Industry certifications are a plus.
Schedule: Monday to Friday (occasional weekends when necessary)
Location: Work from home.
Qualifications Experience & Technological Capabilities:
- Java Application Development | 3 years.
- Middle tier web services development: | 1 year.
- C# development (.net and Core)
- Oracle Databases 12c or higher
- SQL Server
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Cloud serverless application development (AWS & Azure)
- Build and CI\CD automation tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Maven, Gulp, SSH
- Scripting: Powershell, bash
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or 10 years relevant experience in lieu of degree)
Job Description: We are looking for Java developers to join a diverse multidisciplinary team of developers providing custom development and integration solutions to a multitude of customer needs. As a Java developer you will be engaged in highly technical and somewhat challenging projects which can range from website\mobile app development to the customization and integration of process which connect with external applications. You must be a self-starter and independent problem solver and able to clearly articulate technical issues and recommended solutions. As a Developer you will need to be a team player who can support projects which require the use of multiple technologies; ability to learn quickly an apply new knowledge is a key asset for this position. A basic understanding of DevOps and how operate within projects utilizing heavy automation. Here, being proficient in the use GIT or other source control tools is important as they are used on every project and part of the daily delivery process. As a Developer you will need to work within Azure and AWS cloud platforms. To success as a developer the candidate should be able to write code that can be deployed and executed on AWS or Azure serverless environments. Familiarity of development within containerized environments is also a plus. Ourdevelopers also use ALM (application lifecycle management) tools on a daily basis as most of our clients manage their technical project deliverables in such tools. Familiarity with Jira, Azure DevOps, Target Process and the like will make the job easier and smoother. On a daily basis our developers participate in the following:
- Writing lots of code based on assigned user stories.
- Writing unit tests.
- Writing automations.
- Review code with leads and mentors.
- Maintain data and statuses in ALM tools.
- Participating in scrum events like grooming and standups.