Junior System Admin.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Administer and configure file/print and web servers; configure network client/server systems including patch management
- Systems back-up management
- Manage user accounts and permissions
- Manage anti-virus & system monitoring applications
- Ensure file storage and reliability of servers
- General administration of the network
- Assist with software upgrades and OS migration as necessary.
- Assist database administrator by acting as secondary support with maintenance of database systems.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required. Exposure to windows clustering, SANS, VM desired.
- The Systems Administrator/Backup DBA will receive direction from Network Manager.
- At least one to three years of experience in administering Microsoft Windows server and client/server systems.
- Additionally, three years’ experience in systems analysis, development and design in addition to administrative experience.
- Must have basic database skills and / or jr DBA experience, and working knowledge of various platforms (Microsoft, Mac, Unix, Linux), various languages (SQL, Oracle, JAVA, JCL, scripting, Visual Basic.Net) and Web development and security (HTML, XML, ASP, SSL).
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving experience.