Lead Hardware Engineer
Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Will be responsible for developing network and security products for the industry leading our Flow Processor product line.
- This position will be responsible for hardware system and board level design and design support activities, with a particular emphasis on high-speed digital and SerDes design.
- This position also requires interacting with software and manufacturing teams to design complete devices, and customer support of these devices.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years of experience
- Knowledge of and experience with high-speed mixed signal design, signal integrity and signal measurement techniques
- High Speed PCB design principles (PCI Gen3+, DDR3/4, 10G+ SerDes, PoE)
- Experience with methodologies for high-speed SerDes signaling validation and characterization
- Solid understanding of jitter and analog theory
- Characterization planning, execution and documentation
- Hands-on experience in FPGA design and simulation (VHDL and/or Verilog)
- Working knowledge of PCB mechanical and thermal design aspects
- Design involvement from concept, prototype, through production
- Strong Hands-on Lab experience using test equipment such as high-bandwidth Oscilloscopes, BERTs, Spectrum and Network Analyzers, Function Generators, etc.
- Knowledge of industry standards like OIF CEI, 802.3, SAS, SATA, XAUI, ILK, PCI Express, DDR3/4, 10/25/40/50/100 Gigabit Ethernet, PoE; • Experience with programmable languages like Python, C, C++, shell scripting would be beneficial
- Experience with Altium Designer for PCB development is a plus