Lead Software Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
*Person will work remote but they are anticipating returning to the office in July 2021 but that date has moved a few times.*
This company is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. They partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. They believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy. Every single employee contributes to our mission—by joining this company you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. Here, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all. We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Wherever you contribute here, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Current Need: a high performing Lead Software Engineer (Technical Lead) to join our growing Software Engineering team. We are adding an entire new Scrum team to our department! We offer an array of integrated pharmacy software solutions for the health care industry. Our systems are used to manage thousands of pharmacies nationwide within the independent, chain, and hospital market segments. Our core values are the foundation of everything that we do. We strive for excellence and challenge each other to raise the bar. We offer an invigorating blend of challenge and opportunity in a fun, fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We actively work with you to invest in your professional development.
If you have a passion for engineering software and a track record for leading high performing technical teams, we are interested in you. We are seeking a technical leader that will inspire our teams to achieve fantastic results. As a contributor within the EnterpriseRx research and development (R&D) team, you will work in a collaborative and highly skilled Agile team. EnterpriseRx® is an enterprise class software solution that manages pharmacy workflow activities and increases revenue into pharmacies.
- Leading diverse technical initiatives to deliver high quality software that exceeds customer expectations
- Actively participate in the development and review of User Stories
- Write software including unit/integration tests, perform code/design reviews.
- Provide guidance by identifying and articulating problems, then finding solutions and driving them to conclusion
- Improving the craft of software engineering by appropriately challenging the status quo
- Serve as a technical expert on multiple areas or more complex areas of the application/product
- Lead design discussions and serve as a technical lead for development across one or more applications or functional areas within a product
- Remediating defects by solving the reported problem and thoroughly testing to ensure the issue has been solved while leaving the surrounding code in a better state than you found it
- Understanding the retail pharmacy and clinical services domain and learning how customers use our products to manage their business
- Demonstrate complex topics to a diverse audience, including business leaders and customers in Sprint Reviews.
- 0-10% travel
- Must be authorized to work permanently in the United States – sponsorship is not available.
Minimum Requirements Typically has 7 years relevant experience Critical Skills
- 6+ years of experience in full stack software engineering including Java/Object-Oriented software engineering and RESTful services
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases (such as Oracle) and SQL
- Experience working in a commercial software development team on enterprise-scale software. Additional Skills
- Energetic, passionate and creative technical leader who values people, relationships, performance while positively contributing to building a great culture
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies and processes
- History of making a positive impact to people, process and/or technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a software development team with those first. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe experience afterwards is a plus.
- Angular experience a plus Education 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience