Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
You will be part of a talented autonomous team using your creativity, ingenuity and skills to provide technical/engineering pre- and post-sales support. You will provide demonstrations, answer prospective client technical deployment questions, and support the customer fulfillment process including installations, upgrades, and ongoing maintenance and support, of both on-premises and cloud systems.
- Assist in the installation, integration and hot-line support of products for customers;
- Work with Sales & Product teams to design/implement vertical-focused product demos;
- Assist in the Management of the technical infrastructure driving sales processes;
- Deliver custom requests from sales in support of specific accounts;
- Provide technical knowledge for RFPs and RFIs;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the product roadmap.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience; If you don’t have the degrees, you should have superlative work experience.
- Experience in a sales engineering or customer support role.
- Knowledge of speech and/or data analytics, Voice Over IP (VOIP), and license management highly desirable.
- Ability to become a product expert in a relatively short time frame
- Expert level: Linux (CentOS, RHEL), Shell Scripting (BASH primarily), Python;
- Experience with software engineering processes and tools (e.g. SCRUM, GIT) beneficial;
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Apps required.
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys working with others;
- Analytical thinker with ability to identify and solve problems in a logical manner
- Highly adaptable, able to make decisions on incomplete information and manage multiple processes simultaneously;
- Ability to prioritize issues quickly, determine next actions while remaining calm in outage situations.