Manager Big Data Software Development
Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The ideal candidate will have successful technical and people management leadership experience in a rapid growth environment, proven technical accomplishments, and proven experience bringing new products with high reliability to market using big data technologies.
- Provide technical, process and product leadership in software engineering for the cloud data platform.
- Work closely with product owners to ensure your team meets or exceeds product expectations in a timely manner.
- Work diligently with the quality team to ensure your team meets or exceeds quality expectations.
- Develop cross functional project plans to meet release milestones, ensuring releases are effectively communicated across the organization.
- Develop, enhance and maintain agile software development methodologies to ensure maximum team productivity.
- Drive software best practices, including design, code review and unit test development to ensure maximum software quality.
- Provide employee development, team building and mentoring.
- Responsible for recruiting, motivating, and directing the efforts of the software engineering team.
- Implement the key corporate values of customer focus, accountability, performance and integrity.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- 7+ years experience in software development, demonstrating increased levels of responsibility and technical expertise.
- 2+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)-
- 2+ years experience serving as a technical lead of a software development team.
- Extensive experience developing mission critical applications to commercial/enterprise markets.
- Extensive experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications, Deep understanding of big data processing
- Experience using Apache Kafka and Apache Spark
- Clear understanding of Agile development practices and Software Quality Assurance process.
- Demonstrated technical leadership of both people and projects
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Focus on peer mentoring, code reviews, architectural consultancy and teamwork
- Proven leadership with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Energetic, motivated self-starter that is eager to excel.
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering (preferred)
- Experience with service oriented architecture and software as a service products (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience using Apache Kafka and Apache Spark (preferred)
- Healthcare industry experience for inpatient settings. (preferred)
- Experience developing localized systems for worldwide distribution. (preferred)