Manager, IT Networks
Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of IT Infrastructure, The Manager of IT Networking is responsible for supervising a team of individuals responsible for the management of the local area network and wide area network both domestically and internationally, as well as partnering with customers to provide cloud solutions. This position will provide expert level project leadership, analysis, and consultation for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for designing networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), software-defined networks, wireless networks, and other data and voice communications systems
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations
- Create both short and long-term enterprise network technology roadmaps based on an understanding of the strategic organizational requirements, technology context and business needs
- Be involved in making architecture and design decisions across all networking (data, voice, and video) technologies in collaboration with the business and customers
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning
- Provide thought leadership to adopt new technologies and drive proofs-of-concept with selected vendors and develop use cases, lead technical feasibility studies
- Deliver high-quality executive architecture presentations and demonstrations
- Solve complex problems with many variables
- Continued development of common platform services that can be leveraged by SaaS solutions moving forward.
- Call Center Infrastructure and business continuity.
- Internet and Intranet infrastructure.
- Wi-Fi Management
- Remote Access Management
- Maintain and operate a 24/7 highly available network infrastructure.
- Management duties including hiring, training, coaching, counseling, and evaluating the performance of direct reports.
Education & Experience:
- 7 plus years’ of experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure design and support concepts
- Experience with internetworking technologies likes VLAN, STP, and Routing Protocol like EIGRP,
- BGP, OSPF, Static Routing, route-redistribution, summarization, Policy-Routing, well as MPLS-based technologies
- Experience with unified communications systems and technologies
- Experience with indoor and outdoor wireless network technologies
- Experience with Load Balancing and Software Defined Networking preferably F5
- Strong and proven architecture documentation and presentation skills, creating technology roadmaps and strategic direction
- Strong liaison with enterprise, server, storage, security and application architects to develop comprehensive solutions
- Strong Project Management skills to direct and oversee the implementation of the solution
- Experience with network monitoring tools, preferably New Relic, SolarWinds
- Deep troubleshooting experience and strong working knowledge of troubleshooting tools, including Packet Capture and Analysis
- Broad IT knowledge is desired, covering servers, virtualized environments, Hyper-converged systems, storage platforms, and application interaction
- Ability to be able to troubleshoot network connectivity issues with both external and internal clients.
- Heavy hands-on experience with multiple internetworking devices
Ability to travel approximately 25%