Manager of Software Engineering
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Manager, Software Engineering leads a software engineer team that creates the software solutions that align with our technical vision for improving access to patients. As such, this position will have end-to-end technical ownership of our product including resource management and allocation and overall project management responsibilities. This position will help drive process improvements and ensure the highest quality of service while also maintaining the deployment pipeline.
- Lead team through the continuous design and development for our software.
- Maintain current awareness of marketplace trends related to ongoing process improvements in software engineering and lead process definition and process improvement related to software engineering processes.
- Oversee resource development ensuring that resources are best utilized. Train and mentor current staff.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s in computer information technology, computer science, management systems or related discipline required; Master’s preferred
- 8+ years professional experience in software development including design and implementation with prior experience leading software engineering teams, experience in the health care industry preferred
- 5+ years familiarity with developing software as a service (SaaS) using Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure with prior experience with cloud-based software development and deployment.
- 5+ years of version control systems and continuous integrations systems such as Jenkins.
- 2+ year of Project management experience.
- Strong understanding and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles. Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence senior management. Ability to lead and influence across departments and across levels of leaderships both internally and with customers.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-changing business needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept and presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to convert information into practical training deliverables. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.