Mid – Senior Java Developer
Location: Arlington, VA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Qualifications Experience & Technological Capabilities:
- Java Application Development | 8 years.
- Middle tier web services development: | 5 years.
- C# development (.net and Core) | 3 years
- Oracle Databases 12c or higher | 5 years
- SQL Server
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Cloud serverless application development (AWS & Azure)
- Build and CI\CD automation tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Maven, Gulp, SSH
- Scripting: Powershell, bash
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or 10 years relevant experience in lieu of degree)
We are looking for Java developers to join a diverse multidisciplinary team of developers providing custom development and integration solutions to a multitude of customer needs. As a Sr Java developer you will be engaged in highly technical and somewhat challenging projects which can range from website\mobile app development to the customization and integration of process which integrate with various COTS tools. You must be a self-starter and independent problem solver capable of taking a requirement from concept to implementation while providing an example of good technical form and structure to the more junior developers on the team. As a Sr. Developer you will need to be able to lead other developers on the team through issues and technical hurdles as well as conduct code reviews. Understanding of DevOps both how to operate withing projects utilizing heavy DevOps CI\CD as well as building automations to facilitate automation in projects. Understanding an ability to use tools such as Jenkins and Maven will be important as most project will have some element of DevOps automation to them. Designing and implementing within containerized architecture could also be a key role of client engagements. As a Sr. Developer you will need to work with various areas of both Azure and AWS cloud platforms. Sr. developer will often need to design and develop, or migrate solutions optimized to run on platform as a service architecture. Setting up and preparing cloud components, deployments, security and more are all part of the daily life of a developer. Our developers also use ALM (application lifecycle management) tools on a daily basis as most of our clients manage their technical project deliverables in such tools. Familiarity with Jira, Azure DevOps, Target Process and the like will make the job easier and smoother. On a daily basis developers participate in the following:
- Writing lots of code based on assigned user stories.
- Creating automated CI\CD pipelines
- Leading and aiding more Jr. Developers
- Participating in Design and Architecture sessions.
- Participating in scrum events like grooming and standups.
- Working with QA to automate testing.