Location: Claysburg or Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Programmer provides technology solutions and supports major initiatives as assigned by Applications and Development management.
- Initial and escalation resource for application projects, whether in production or in the development / implementation process.
- Provide technical advice to less experienced discipline personnel.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of one or more application projects, whether in production or in the development / implementation process.
- Create and tune SQL queries as part of the application development process.
- Create technical documentation for application development projects as defined by the Applications and Development Agile Methodology SOP.
- Stay up to date on the production technology solutions by attending related training and conferences as approved by management.
- Provide development solutions using approved development tools.
- Provide evening and weekend “on call/issue” support as needed. The compaby stores are open 24/7/365 and as such, our internal and external customers may require support at any time.
- Comply with the adopted agile and secure coding development methodologies. Refer to the Applications and Development Agile Methodology SOP.
Education & Experience:
- A four-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering; or a four year degree in another field of study which includes courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering is preferred.
- 5 years of applicable experience in an application development environment.
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred:
- Agile Scrum Master certification
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or similar certification
- Certification in a specific Development methodology