Mobile Software Engineer **REMOTE**
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Who we are: We are a venture-capital-backed software company based in Pittsburgh, Pa. We’re creating a new way that engineering firms and public works departments operate by bringing advanced technologies into their process. This helps everyone by reducing the financial strain on the citizens and improving overall road quality.
Fun stuff: We utilize primarily Google Cloud Platform as our cloud service provider, leveraging many of their services such as Firebase, App Engine, and Storage among others. Python is our backend language of choice which is used to largely drive the operational side of the business and the secret sauce of our artificial intelligence platform. On the front end, we stand on the shoulders of giants, using React extensively across nearly every project that requires an interface. Moving over to the mobile – we continue this tradition using React-Native to build out our data collection application for both Android and iOS.
Who you are: You’re a talented engineer who on your first day, can add value to the team with just your demeanor. You enjoy new challenges. You can work independently but you also thrive when working in a highly collaborative environment. You have a passion for learning new technologies, libraries, and frameworks. Finding and optimizing code is what gets you out of bed in the morning. You have a positive attitude, and consider yourself a solution-oriented person. The urge to prematurely optimize your code is something you fight with every fiber of your being. The opportunity to work with highly-talented engineers is exactly what you’ve been waiting for.
Why us: Other than the opportunity to work with some of the brightest and most talented individuals in the business, you’ll also get a chance to literally change an industry and how they work. We currently provide competitive salaries, a generous PTO policy, health, vision, and dental insurance, and a chance to participate in our growth through a stock incentive plan.
- Ensure that our development environment is best-in-class by delivering improvements to internal tooling
- Ensure both the reliability and scaling of our systems for ingesting, transforming, and delivering data.
- Write secure, modular, well-tested code.
- Improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- 3+ years developing mobile applications
- 3+ years utilizing React-Native to build mobile applications
- Demonstrated track record of complete React-Native development life cycle
- Experience publishing at least 3 iOS or Android applications
- Experience working with React-Redux or other state management technology
- Ability to work closely with fellow engineers and product managers alike
- Excellent communication/presentation/collaboration skills for interacting with internal/external customers
- Self-driven with proven experience driving design and implementation of software solutions
Bonus points for:
- Any experience in the GIS industry
- Experience with image capture, video capture
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience working in Swift, Objective C, Java, or Flutter Benefits
- Venture-backed and proven startup with huge growth potential and competitive salary with equity
Notice: This is a remote working opportunity.