Mobile Software Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Mobile Software Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of native mobile code on the iOS operating system. This person utilizes their knowledge of mobile development and hardware capabilities to work closely with the rest of the development team to execute the optimal mobile development strategy.
As a Mobile Engineer, you will join our team of experienced application developers, mechanical engineers, and sports marketers to design new capabilities and applications that leverage the precision IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) hardware. This position will require both native mobile development experience as well as competency with web applications and services.
The team and our product offerings are growing quickly, so the role requires an energetic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations (internal and external), who can communicate to all levels of management.
- Development of Swift and/or Objective-C iOS applications, services, and test suites for iOS
- Creation of compelling user interfaces using Storyboards, AutoLayout, and native code when necessary
- Creation of 2D and 3D data visualizations that give meaning and understanding to our baseball and softball metrics using Charts, OpenGL, and similar frameworks
- Collaborate with the R&D team to integrate new sensor capabilities and data into mobile applications
- Ability to accurately estimate time required for development tasks
- Work will within mobile software development best-practices including continuous integration, accuracy testing & reporting, centralized logging, crash reporting, etc.
- Effectively engage with customers (coaches, players, and parents) during real-life use of the mobile software developed
- Assist in the continued successful software development life-cycle of the company
Education & Experience:
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Networking, or equivalent field of study
- MS in Computer Science or MBA a plus
- 1-5 years of industry experience with a track record of success in product development and deployment
- Deep understanding of REST APIs, data synchronization protocols/patterns, and user experience best practices
- Experience in creating unit test and user interface tests using automated testing frameworks
- Demonstrable proficiency in Swift, Objective-C, Java, and Python
- Highly proficient in Agile development