Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
To contribute to client retention by ensuring clients receive timely, professional, high-level technical support to teachers, staff, and students.
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyze workflow, access, information, and security requirements; design router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establish network by evaluating network performance issues, including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; plan and execute the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment.
- Define network policies and procedures; establish connections and firewalls.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis; performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs, providing references and support.
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; develop, test, install enhancements.
- Serve as administrator of specific corporate applications.
- Keep applications current; develop, deliver training on applications.
- Monitor application uptime.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents related to technical difficulties with operating systems, hardware, software, and network infrastructure.
- Document resolution plan and progress, and estimated resolution time.
- Provide advanced help desk support for on-site team members; assist remote team members in analyzing and advanced troubleshooting.
- Install, configure, operate, and maintain hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- Analyze system statistics and recommend performance enhancements.
- Research multiple incidents with common symptoms and identify root cause; apply resolution across all affected IT environments.
- Research, recommend, and implement new technologies to enable continuing innovation within infrastructure.
- Design, configure, monitor, and optimize system hardware for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable costs.
- Create, review, and modify knowledgebase articles and IT environment documentation.
- Document break/fix activities in online ticketing system.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Attend school board meetings, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or information technology
- 2-4 years of experience designing, implementing and supporting diverse networking and server environments
- Experience managing desktop environment, including deployment, application installation, and ongoing support technologies
- Experience in senior-level help desk environment helpful
- LAN knowledge,
- Routers (routing protocols, WLAN configurations, multiple sites)
- Firewalls (Sonicwall, Cisco ASA, etc.)
- Switches (VLAN, Spanning Tree, PoE)
- VPN (Cisco, IPSEC, SSL, Sonicwall)
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, LAN/WAN, remote support and monitoring.
- Software: Solarwinds, InstallShield, Cloud Backup Software, VMware, Ghost, MS Systems Management Server. SANs/NAS devices, System Center Configuration Manager 2007/2012 experience is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Problem solving
- Strategic planning
- Required: A+, Network+ or equivalent
- CCNA, CCNP
Travel up to 25%