Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Network Engineer is responsible for the administration, design, implementation and delivery of the Bank’s network systems and communications. This position supports all activities related to network operations, network monitoring and network platform hardening to ensure that the network operates soundly and securely.
- Administer and support the computer network, phone systems and security administration; troubleshoot problems to resolve network failures; provide administrative support for the data network; and evaluate new technologies for use in the network.
- Administer and manage all routers, switches and network equipment; configure and patch network equipment.
- Assist with designing, architecting, planning and building the data and voice networks.
- Work with vendors to manage, support and enhance the data and voice networks.
- Understand the VoIP technologies architecture, deployment and support.
- Participate in the planning, building and deployment of new systems and network components.
- Participate in engagements with business users to ensure proper network connectivity is in place for projects.
- Review systems and networks to ensure compliance with IT Security and Network Standards policies.
- Evaluate, engineer and recommend security enhancements to the current environment.
- Display the understanding of network security concepts, including: 802.1x; network access control lists; firewall administration; and micro-segmentation practices.
- Manage and maintain wireless networks and implement routing protocols across wide-area and local networks.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, telecommunications or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of experience in networks and/or telecommunications
- At least three years of hands-on experience with managing and administering network routers and switches
- Demonstrated understanding of network addressing and network protocols
- Experience in network performance monitoring and troubleshooting network issues
- Experience working with vendors to troubleshoot wide-area networking and internet service provider issues
- Must be able to independently troubleshoot technical issues and follow through to resolution
- Knowledge of industry best practices related to networks and telecommunications
- At least one of the following professional certifications preferred: CCNP, CCNA or CCSP or equivalent