Location: South Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Receives general guidance and direction to define, implement, and support computer system and network solutions, perform on-site and off-site computer repairs, and provide a variety of product and technical support work; travels to customer sites approximately 30% of the time.
- Provide technical solutions to sales department and Service Manager as needed.
- Visit commercial customer locations to inspect, install, and maintain new and existing network-wide computer systems.
- Research technical issues that arise in solution development.
- Research technical issues reported by other technicians.
- Assist Service Manager in sales project management from development to completion including scheduling, ordering, organizing, planning and assigning resources; monitor progress and make necessary adjustments to achieve results.
- Visit commercial customer locations to diagnose reported computer problems and to provide training.
- Enter time billing entries into system used for customer invoicing.
- Perform remote network systems administration and telephone support for customers
- Assist Field Technicians with customer diagnostic problems.
- On call on a 1 week rotating basis with other technicians.
- Provides technical leadership to Field Technicians.
- Assists in network build out and maintenance of internal systems.
- Responsible for monitoring and administrating the internal fixed drive backup systems as well as provide maintenance.
- Visit commercial customer locations with sales representatives or Service Manager to explain technical solutions.
- Identify problems with computers brought to the shop by customers, determine steps needed and preform repairs.
- Assist in training less experienced Field Technicians as well as other staff members.
- Review and approve all proposals for networks, servers, computers, cabling, etc. for sales department.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in computer-related field or High School Diploma (or GED) plus five plus years of experience and technical training.
- Any equivalent combination of related education, certifications and experience is recommended
- Must have own transportation to visit customer or other sites, have and maintain insurance coverage and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Servers operating systems and applications to include MS Exchange and Backup Exec
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and devices
- Logical thought process and problem-solving ability
- Ability to recognize customer needs that lead to additional sales
- Excellent communication and customer service skills to effectively describe solutions in non-technical terms
- Ability to travel to customer sites and other off-site locations determined by the company