Oracle Business System Developer
Location: Northeast of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Oracle Business System Senior Developer Analyst position will be part of a team responsible for new application development and/or improving existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business. Specific assignments may include application design and development, coding for enhancements and fixes, testing, maintenance and support. This role may also lead small teams for a specific project.
- Apply technical knowledge to develop / ensure that the developed solution performs efficiently and that customers are satisfied with developed solution.
- Works with customers and functional staff in the resolution of software problems and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Provides technical guidance to offshore development team.
- Evaluates and recommends changes to development standards. Evaluates and recommends changes to established methods to achieve departmental / BU objectives.
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
- Adhere to processes within Business System environment to ensure sustainable compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science or related degree
- 5+ years of experience in software programming or application development.
- 3+ years of experience in implementing and / or upgrading Oracle E-Business Suite 22.214.171.124 or R12, specifically Oracle Manufacturing/Planning applications.
- Significant experience working with Oracle 10g/11g databases and development tools such as PL/SQL, SQL, Forms 10g /11g, Reports 10g/11g,Oracle Application Framework (OAF), Oracle Workflow, Discoverer and BI / XML Publisher
- Ideally will have some functional implementation experience in the core Oracle Manufacturing modules (WIP, INV, BOM, OM, PO, MRP, ENG)
- Some experience in Oracle Application Express (APEX), Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) and development of java based SOA applications, preferably utilizing JDeveloper to extend OAF pages
- Functional understanding of order to cash, procure to pay and MRP Planning process flows is desirable. Should be able to relate process flows to data model and structures.
- Any experience Oracle Discoverer and Oracle Business Intelligence tools and underlying data modeling is a plus.
- Extensive interaction with the user community — both in terms of requirements analysis/gathering and post implementation support
- Advanced knowledge of application design principles, practices, systems development and analysis
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand
- Ability to build positive and professional business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Due to the nature of this the work, applicants must be a sole US Citizen.
- Oracle E-Business Suite, Manufacturing/Planning modules –R12.1.3
- Oracle Forms, Reports 10g or 11g
- Oracle — SQL, PL/SQL
- Oracle Application Express
- Oracle Application Framework Personalization and Extension
- Oracle JDeveloper
- Oracle Workflow
- Oracle Business Intelligence & Oracle Discoverer
- XML / BI Publisher
- HTML, XML, XSL
- Programming in AIX, Unix, Linux environments.