Oracle Systems Analyst
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Systems Analyst II – (Oracle Utilities Applications) will be responsible for providing project and second-level support for the Oracle Utilities Suite of Applications that support multiple areas of our utility business. The Systems Analyst I will be assigned to complex projects that require specialized functional and technical knowledge across a wide range of technical disciplines. This position will coordinate with users to gather requirements, design solutions and determine support needs that are consistent with IT strategies and standards. The Systems Analyst II will deliver fully tested solutions to meet the needs of our business stakeholders.
Applicant must assure that the company IT philosophy – quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Trouble-shoot (second-level support) activities when the business submits incidents, requests and problems associated to functional and business processes supported by the Oracle Utilities Applications.
- Support IT projects on the Oracle Utilities Applications Roadmap as the Oracle Systems Analyst II; including eliciting, documenting and analyzing requirements, contributing to solution design, completing application configuration, performing system testing, assisting with data conversion, interface design requirements, report requirements, implementation and post go-live support.
- Serve as a business relationship liaison between the Oracle Center of Excellence and various headquarter departments by managing and prioritizing issues related to the Meter to Cash process.
- Track and communicate the status of daily work activities.
- Expand the Oracle Utilities Application knowledge within the organization.
- Assist in developing and standardizing IT processes and metrics around configuration management, defect and change request governance, application change control, business analysis, and solution design.
- Anticipate program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science or related field
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with business users to understand business processes, gather business requirements, design and present solutions.
- BABOK framework knowledge: Ability to elicit, document, analyze requirements and manage them through the lifecycle of a project.
- Knowledgeable in Oracle Utilities Applications (preferred) or familiarity with other Oracle Applications / ERP packages.
- Ability to operate in a project orientation, adhering to standards in the PMI (or similar) project management methodology/framework.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly-complex environment.
- Knowledgeable in Oracle database structures and programming languages, such as SQL.
- Good business planning, analytical, and conceptual skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- 1-3 years of system implementation/support experience
- Strong understanding of billing, credit, customer service or meter data management processes and systems.
- Oracle Utilities Applications or other Oracle Applications / ERP packages. (preferred)