PM – DataCenter VC
The Project Manager (PM) shall provide comprehensive project management support services for deliverables throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The project management support approaches employed by the PM should be consistent with project management best practices, notably those specified by PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide and the Software Engineering Institute’s (SEl) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMl).
The successful candidate will be highly experienced working on data center migrations within a complex legacy infrastructure and application landscape. The candidate will coordinate teams of application owners and technical resources in multiple locations planning and executing the group’s major data center migration and transformation program, including the review and enforcement of application playbooks for migration events. This role will report directly to the Program Management Office.
- Provide workday management of project delivery teams
- Performs all responsibilities of a project manager such as managing all aspects of a project including initiating, planning, executing, closing and controlling
- Participate in project plan construction as well as tracking, updating and reporting on the project plan
- Manage the efficient movement of application migration tasks through PMO phase-gates and across workflow hand-offs
- Manages all aspects of the project with direct accountability to the Virtual Clarity Engagement Manager
- Assists the project team with the delivery of successful project outcomes
- Coordinates and manages among multiple, multi-functional collaborative project and/or work teams
- Coordinates the activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project task dependencies and schedule
- Scope, risk and issue management, including documenting, budgeting, communicating and facilitating resolutions or mitigation plans
- Initiates and manages a communication plan, including regular project status reports
- Prepares and delivers presentations to senior leadership, management and stakeholders, and
- Will require occasional weekend work during migration events.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required
- Education and experience with project management methodology based on PMBOK principles required. Project Management Institute certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading large, diverse and often complex projects is required
- Preferred professional certification or working knowledge on AGILE software development, DevOps, Big Data and similar competencies
- Experience making formal and informal presentations to senior management, executive management and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated management skills and the ability to work effectively to build relationships with executive management, department managers and PMs
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and conflicts
- Ability to develop, direct, motivate and gain commitment with teams
- Ability to effectively and efficiently present and gather information at PM meetings
- Ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with multiple project teams, product development lifecycle, or quality lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to exercise sound political and environmental judgment as appropriate to support successful project implementation, and
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks through risk planning, practice management and financial management.
- Prior experience working in financial technology or financial services industries
- Ability to self-manage and take the initiative to be proactive in improving the quality of client deliverables
- Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations and communicate appropriately (in person or over the phone). This includes cross-functional management of key internal partner LOBs critical to our success
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment and adaptable to evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes
- Management consulting or other consulting experience preferred
- Strong financial acumen, proven ability to connect the links between project results and financial or business benefits, and
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite. Some knowledge of Confluence or JIRA.