Principal Network Engineer
Location: Coraopolis, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As a Principal Network Engineer, you will partner with business and IT teams to engineer & support our Enterprise Wireless technology solutions by evaluating technology standards, availability of products, and the risks and benefits of technology introduction into our infrastructure. Leads the Network Engineering team in overall technical and engineering direction pertaining to wireless.
- Work with IT and business teams to identify technology solutions to achieve business results.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of technology within both the development and production environments.
- Perform engineering and design functions for Wireless Networking Systems; oversee the introduction of new Wireless Networking Systems technology by utilizing industry standard processes.
- Provide Wireless Networking Systems technical support to business and partners.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with business and IT partners.
- Maintain awareness of trends and issues in the area of Wireless Networking technology; evaluate new technology opportunities and provide analysis of their potential impact to business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related industry experience
- Seven to ten years of experience
- Must have at least seven years of information Technology experience, with five years’ experience in implementation and support of local and wide area network hardware (wireless, , routers,switches, firewalls, loadbalancers, etc.), software (network monitoring, management), and network protocols.
- Strong understanding of local area networking in Microsoft Windows and Cisco environments.
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing, managing and maintaining effective wireless and system management tools.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Wireless technologies such as Cisco Prime/DNAC, Cisco ISE, Cisco CMX/DNA Spaces, Ekahau, RRM, OKC, SSO HA
- Knowledge of WAN network management principles, operations, and standard network protocols
- Well versed in IP addressing, DNS, TCP, UDP, ICMP
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, schedule and coordinate among competing priorities across multiple entities.
- Good interpersonal skills with staff, end-users, peers, management, and vendors
- Ability to proactively identify and evaluate problems to determine root causes while escalating risk areas to mitigate their impact.
- Strong understanding of IS related best practices, policies, procedures and experience implementing them.
- Ability to quickly translate an IT service interruption into an impact analysis and create a realistic corrective plan of action.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues.
- Strong understanding of IT security and related systems, including remote access