Principal Product Manager of eCommerce
Location: Coraopolis, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We are looking for a new team member who can bring product-market viability ideas that inspire, innovate and deliver elevated experiences for our customers, teammates, and products. The Principal Product Manager is a master in applying Lean product development practices to inform highly complex strategies within a technology domain, working cross-functionally to achieve product excellence. You will be the ultimate ambassador for the user and serve as a coach to Product Management peers and business partners to promote the understanding of Lean product development best practices, methodologies, and frameworks. In addition, this role will be leveraged to support high profile assignments and general business enablement. As the Principal Product Manager of eCommerce, you will be account for developing the overarching strategy and vision across specials assignments such as new concepts, brands, innovation, etc.
While the role sits within the eCommerce portfolio, you will be accountable for driving the strategy, vision, stakeholder alignment and product team collaboration across all portfolios on a given assignment. This role is also accountable for driving the practice of product management directly with the eCommerce portfolio, working closely with product managers of varying skillsets to drive consistency and depth of knowledge across the discipline. You will work closely with the Principal UX Designer in the domain as well as with the Distinguished Product Manager and Distinguished UX Designer role.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will lead highly complex and/or high-profile assignments and establish and execute product strategies within your domain. This may include exploratory activities in emerging technologies and/or new enterprise investment opportunities for the business, where you will contribute to crafting and shaping the product strategy and vision across the end-to-end journey. As part of this process, you will work closely with Program Managers, Group Product Managers, Group UX Designers, and product teams to ensure the right level of support and enablement involved in these enterprise initiatives as it relates to a cohesive design strategy across product roadmaps. You will be responsible for establishing qualitative and quantitative measurements through testing, experiment design, user research, and data analysis. You will also ensure the product fits the needs of users by evaluating financials, ROI, market assessment, and communicating the vision, strategy, and benefits of investment to the relevant stakeholders.
As a Product leader, you will influence the understanding and practice of Product Management as you collaborate closely with leadership and product teams in your domain, where you will have a heightened level of awareness and understanding regarding business strategy and profitability, as well as product frameworks and software development practices. In addition, you will act as a consultant to enable key business partners as needed. As a Principal Product Manager, you will have an active role in engaging with your peers in Product and learning their approach to problem solving. You will advise on growth opportunities and work with fellow Product leaders to establish what best practices in Product Management should be, and how we will evolve them over time. Reporting to the Director of Product Management & UX Design, you will advise on the state of Product Management within the domain and develop plans to ensure the practice is being leveraged to its fullest potential.
Your will utilize your knowledge of Lean practices to enable and coach Product Managers and familiarize stakeholders with these practices. In addition, you will assist in recruiting, selection, and onboarding activities for new Product Management team members. Outside of recruiting activities, you will be an active representative for Product, participating in Product community activities both locally and nationally, building relationships with industry peers, and becoming heavily involved in University partnerships, such as internships and capstones. Drive Product Management Frameworks, Methodologies & Execution A core part of your function will involve working closely with the Distinguished Product Manager to advocate for Product Management practices, while evangelizing Lean principles across product, technology, and business teams. Practices may include, but are not limited to, discovery, framing, product vision and strategy development, lean experimentation, minimum viable product identification, establishing product/market fit, generating product business models, establishing and measuring key performance indicators, writing user stories, managing a product backlog, and managing a productive product team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Seeks out innovation to champion new experiences that dazzle customers while positively impacting the business.
- Top notch presentation skills, effective storytelling methods when communicating.
- Ability to gather data insights to formulate strategic product decisions during all phases of the product life cycle.
- Proven track record of managing and leading high-performing teams that have delivered innovative, world-class products and engaging experiences. Preferably in a retail environment.
- Detailed experience with agile methodologies & frameworks, lean product management, human-centered design and modern software development practices.
- Ability to understand and target opportunities within the end-to-end product journey to inform decisions and delivering high-performing results.
- Requires a strategic and empathetic leader, who is highly motivated and accountable to deliver outstanding product experiences centered around the customer that achieve KPIs, including revenue, conversion and customer satisfaction.
- Experience with the standard software tools used in Product Management, including issue tracking, wikis, digital whiteboards and prototyping tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Business related field, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, HCI, Psychology.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience
- 5+ Years in a Product Management Role