Principal Software Engineer – Mobile
Location: Coraopolis, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We are passionate, committed, driven, and skilled. We work hard to play hard, and have fun doing it! We are looking for talented people to join our team so we can continue to drive sports innovation for all athletes. Our Software Engineering team are key disruptors. As a Principal Software Engineer, Mobile you are an expert of your craft. You are a natural leader. The idea of disrupting an industry with technologies you help create is invigorating. We empower our engineers to tear down the silos and work collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. We work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and product managers that aren’t bogged down by project plans and politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get to see the results of your work in our stores, online and throughout our business. You get to make a difference. First, let’s talk Tech. We are looking for an android PRO to be a principal engineer on our mobile app team.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will:
- Bring at least 5 years of experience to the table.
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Consistently look for opportunities to develop our Software Developers, sharing your expertise and lessons
- Spend about 50% of your time coding so you can keep up to date on your technical skills.
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices.
- Identify and communication technology problems and prepare remedies.
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace.
- Work with open-source tools to build new technologies.
- Participate in design thinking activities to improve the user experience.
- Work with great people at our sprawling Pittsburgh campus that includes sports leagues, a world-class health club, and a dynamic culture.
We believe that there is always a better way. So, we will expect you to:
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Engineers at this level are able to deliver complex tasks to production, working independently when required.
- They use best practices in high quality code and continue to push and share their knowledge.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns.
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects.
- Understand the business context of the larger domain and potentially other domain areas.
- Able to advocate and evangelize specific technologies within and outside the wider organization.
- Able to support and mentor seasoned technologists in a structured manner and ad-hoc.