Principal Software Engineer
Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Our Software Engineering team are key disruptors. As a Principal Software Engineer, you are an expert of your craft. You are a natural leader. The idea of disrupting an industry with technologies you help create is invigorating. This role will be supporting the Athlete Engagement team.
- Here is a list of our platforms. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a master at them all. At this most senior, Principal level, you’ll expect you to have experience in a couple of them
- NET core, Java Spring Boot, Kotlin, Angular, React, etc.
- Bring at least 5 years of experience to the table
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Consistently look for opportunities to develop our Software Developers, sharing your expertise and lessons
- Spend about 20% of your time coding so you can keep up to date on your technical skills
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices
- Identify and communication technology problems and prepare remedies
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Work with open source tools to build new technologies
- Participate in design thinking activities to improve the user experience
- Work with great people at our sprawling Pittsburgh campus that includes sports leagues, a world-class health club, and a dynamic culture
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Engineers at this level are able to deliver complex tasks to production, working independently when required.
- They use best practices in high quality code, and continue to push and share their knowledge.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design pattern
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects
- Understand the business context of the larger domain and potentially other domain areas
- Able to advocate and evangelize specific technologies within and outside the wider organization
- Able to support and mentor seasoned technologists in a structured manner and ad-hoc