Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for defining user needs and product features based on customer research and feedback, developing and creating product roadmaps to meet those needs, and maintaining a well-groomed backlog of user stories for the product’s evolution.
You will work with design, development, and data science teams to deliver impactful functionality, report on product performance, conduct competitive analysis, and communicate with external and internal stakeholders to ensure exceptional product-market fit. Further, you will work with company stakeholders across all functions to ensure the entire organization is fully prepared and proactively ready to accept product launches.
You’ll lead the efforts to define brand new products as well as enhance the existing platform. During the development cycle, you will be responsible for the day-to-day pace of work, making sure projects remain on schedule, solving problems as they arise, and avoiding scope creep.
Company is currently operating remotely, so we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy, but will be returning to the office, once it is deemed safe to do so.
- Lead new product initiatives utilizing user and competitive research, business case development, scoping, and all phases of the product development lifecycle. It is anticipated that the products will include platform, mobile applications, and web applications
- Consult with design, developers, and leadership to build scopes and roadmaps that allows for ideation, iteration, and testing
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators to determine how well the product is performing in the market and how to improve
- Document product requirements with meticulous detail and the full customer experience in mind
- Work with end-users to understand their workflows and requirements and represent them towards the Engineering Team
- Work on any task and help solve problems — be humble and scrappy!
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years successfully leading the conceptualization, technical development, and launch of enterprise software solutions
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts with technical and non-technical employees and stakeholders
- A propensity to use analytics to validate performance and drive changes for continuous improvement
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and a high comfort level in talking to customers and stakeholders
- Motivation to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving company
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Masters a plus
- What will set you apart:
- Experience in the transportation industry
- Experiencing launching mobile applications
- Experience working in a high-growth early-stage technology startup company.