Location: South of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Product Development group is seeking a Product Owner to drive our Reporting & Analytics initiative forward. The Product Owner will work closely with stakeholders and other internal partners to understand business needs and enhance Product platform to support the overall objectives of the company.
- The primary interface between Business Teams and the Product Development teams.
- Work closely with Product Management to help define the product vision and strategy.
- Assess value, develop cases, plan and prioritize features (stories, epics and themes) to ensure development work focuses on those items with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Responsible for achieving a decision in an ambiguous environment.
- Create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and ROI.
- Relay product and feature vision to the teams.
- Lead product release planning and grooming, and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities, describing applicable use cases and user stories.
- Set the right expectation with partners on what can be accomplished by the dev teams.
- Must remain available to the team to answer questions and deliver direction with respect to acceptance criteria, articulate customer desires, and work priorities during each sprint.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate number of prepared stories to work on.
- Understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs with the team.
- Close the communication gap between engineering and internal partners.
- Help mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals.
- Ensure the required artifacts are created and communicated to support other internal partners.
- Participate in usability testing of new features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements.
- Understand tech trends, see how they impact the product roadmap, and how they drive innovation.
- Enable the team to execute on the work without micromanaging them.
Education & Experience:
- Have a high-level understanding of the Microsoft technologies stack in the data and analytics space, such as Azure Data Lake Store, Power BI, Machine Learning, Spark, Jupyter note books, Cognitive Services, Data Catalog and/or other means of data management, as well as have a passion to learn newer tools and data techniques.
- Familiarity with big data solutions including data lakes.
- Familiarity with data integration and quality control.
- Experience with creating best practices and methodologies for data management.
- Experience with data modeling, segmentation and visualization techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of software development methods, in particular Scrum and Behavior-Driven Development techniques.
- Must have worked as a member of or led an agile development team.
- Ability to define and adopt agile management practices into data initiatives.
- Ability to build productive customer relationships and collaborative internal relationships.
- Actively seeks learning opportunities and applies learnings to the job – must have a level of curiosity.
- Thrives on working within a team environment, driving results, and achieving business value through the realization of product software.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition.
- Must enjoy influencing others by creating a participative environment, taking accountability for the success of important tasks, working on tasks requiring great attention to detail and performing complex tasks or working on complex projects.
- Able to work and coordinate work with resources onsite and remote.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of market trends for leadership development.
- Experience conducting market research to inform product development.
- Experience building Data Governance programs and Data Stewardship committees, to suite.
- Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of the technology involved and industry trends.
- Experience building training programs at all levels to cultivate the organization.
- Experience in information management project and program implementation through the full data life cycle