Project Business Analyst
Location: Wheeling, WV
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
As a Business Analyst you will assist management in the execution of strategic initiatives identified in the annual business plans to ensure our Analytics group continues to deliver a high quality service offering.
- You will assist in crafting materials for presentations to firm leaders and other attorneys.
- You will analyze financial performance data and develop financial reports for management.
- You will compile ad hoc reports to support day-to-day requests.
- You will prepare periodic business reports.
- You will work on special projects and strategic initiatives.
- You will track and analyze metrics related to project statistics.
- You will form and revise process documents to outline standard Analytics procedures.
- You will develop process maps outlining established department procedures.
- You will audit administrative tasks and prepare reports on status of the same.
- You will draft and revise templates.
- We will ask you to perform special analyses using Excel and MS Access.
- We will have you liaise with colleagues to report and coordinate on various financial and other metrics.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience in professional services environment preferred.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and well organized.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Shown ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-energy and productive work environment.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Excellent written and verbal problem solving skills with a dedication to quality customer service required.
- Proficiency and experience in MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; Advanced Excel skills required (formulas, pivot tables, charting, etc).
- Shown ability to be discreet and treat confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data pertaining to finances, metrics and workflow.
- Ability to compile, review and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data which is dynamic in content and format.
- Proven ability to effectively use technology, database, presentation and spreadsheet software at an advanced level.
- Validated problem-solving/resolution skills required.
- Analytical thinking skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with all personnel levels required.
- Ability to adhere to the highest level of accuracy when generating reports and analyzing data.