Location: Rochester, NY
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Duties include planning and directing project plans, project schedules, compiling project status reports, managing project meetings, and identifying / resolving risks and issues. Projects vary in size and scope and product. Projects will require technical knowledge, flexibility and in some instances, tailored project management solutions. This role requires engagement of both internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to school district contacts, internal subject matter experts and department managers. Successful applicants will utilize their experience to manage projects and ensure successful execution within a prescribed timeframe by performing the following duties:
- Manage the implementation of external and internal projects.
- Develop project charters and project plans.
- Set up and direct project/program schedules and budgets.
- Monitor project/program from initiation through delivery or completion, interfacing with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure success.
- Coordinate and organize interdepartmental activities, ensuring completion of the specific project/program on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Lead others to solve complex problems where significant initiative and independent judgment is required.
- Develop and present project communications to influence key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., executive leaders, vendors, suppliers and contractors), while serving as the liaison to and partner with the project/program sponsor.
- Set project/program expectations and implementation plans, monitoring success against business objectives, and recommending adjustments to approach in response to changing business needs.
- Lead cross-functional, cross-business project teams
- Develop proposals in response to RFPs and establish business case for projects/programs, including identifying, securing and coordinating resources and building leadership consensus around objectives
- Negotiate with stakeholders and sponsors to set expectations and build consensus around project objectives
- Interface and manage project resources located in various offices around the nation, in multiple time zones; follow up with project stakeholders on delivery of their tasks
- Monitor and evaluate overall project progress and identify gaps and potential risks before they impact the project schedule or the final deliverable product
- Ensure business readiness and the successful deployment of solutions.
- Participate in building business and product processes, process standards, and quality assessments which assist in project implementation
Education & Experience:
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of cross-functional, cross disciplinary project management and business analysis experience in Technology or Software related fields
- Proven experience with the components of project management (e.g., scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and change management, integration) and associated tools and methodologies
- A demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- The comfort with and ability to grasp technical data and communicate to a broad range of technical people
- Previous experience working with and communicating directly to external clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the client and within all levels of the company
- Experience managing complex projects with multi-month/year timelines
- Superior organizational skills and adept at multi-tasking
- Exceptional people and collaboration skills to support working in a complex, multi-faceted business
- A high level of initiative as well as an ability to work well in a team environment
- An objective-oriented mindset with attention to detail; an analytical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- The ability to manage a heavy workload in a demanding but friendly environment
- Fluency in the use of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Familiarity with Google Suite of applications is preferred
- Experience with and understanding of the payment industry (PCI requirements, credit card regulations) is preferred
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies is preferred
- Experience with process development and quality assurance is preferred
- Some travel required: 10-15% domestic travel