Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract
The ideal candidate has a background in Project Management and has a strong drive to ensure that products released adhere to current best practice standards and meet customer expectations. This position will require interaction with members of the executive, quality, developers, and customer support team as well as work directly with the customer to ensure that requirements are being adequately tested.
- Manage project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
- Work collaboratively with development team, lead architect and the executive team to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation, including both brand products and supporting systems.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Project schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Cost estimates
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by account managers, clients and management.
- Provide input into strategic planning and asset creation processes.
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning.
- Coach and train project team members on internal processes and best practices. PMP certification is highly desired.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in a technology environment, including 5 years of practical professional experience in project management.
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems platforms (Systems that support applications).
- Proficient with MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, management and others outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated with ability to drive projects