Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating IT Infrastructure-related projects from the point of needs analysis and requirements definition through the stages of project planning, development, configuration, testing and implementation within the environment. The Project Manager will be responsible for multiple, simultaneous projects varying in size and complexity.
- Defines the project phase deliverables; tracks milestones and resource hours; schedules roles and resources; evaluates risk and recommends contingency plans
- Facilitates the daily stand-up meetings with the Infrastructure team and business stakeholders. Captures progress made, planned activities and issues identified to create accurate, point-in-time, project status and planning documentation
- Manages the resolution of project-related issues and roadblocks
- Completes project status-reviews and necessary reporting
- Participates in the development of standards & complies with all applicable policies and procedures including change control
- Uses experience and judgment to lead a group of technical resources, and other professional staff, in accomplishing organizational goals
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions for systems, enhancements, integrations, and processes as needed
- Identifies tasks and estimates level of effort
- Defines business cases for proposed system changes and verifies that the solutions implemented fulfill stated requirements
- Facilitates effective two-way communication with staff members and management team.
- Elicits, defines, analyzes and documents business requirements as needed
- Interfaces with a wide variety of stakeholders including line of business managers, Admins, testers, project managers, business analysts, and technical writers.
- Manages requirements at the project level
- Works with the Infrastructure team during off-hours as needed
- Fills in project management and business analysis gaps, within the department, as needed
Education & Experience:
- Degree in a related area (computer science, finance, business administration) (a plus).
- PMP Certification (a plus).
- Language Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical reports, and documentation
- Present information to executive and senior management teams, sales department, internal groups and/or clients