Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Responsible for planning, executing and monitoring projects to deliver high-quality products that meet business need.
- Applies our PMO process & methodology throughout the system development life cycle.
- Meets with stakeholders to collect business and functional requirements.
- Leads definition and selection of potential IT solutions.
- Plans and controls project scope, schedule, resources, communications and financials to ensure project is delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Measures and analyzes project work performance and provides weekly project status updates to the project team and PMO.
- Tracks issues, risks and changes, escalating as needed to project sponsor, steering committees and other key stakeholders.
- Has general interest in Project Management practice. Actively seeks out mentors for increasing PM knowledge and best practices.
- Understands and applies all company’s, PMO and Business Unit specific policies, processes, procedures and tools.
- Assists business, when requested, in formalizing the Project Charter.
- Understands project alignment and ensures project alignment with organizational objectives & stakeholder needs.
- Prepares preliminary project scope.
- Begins identifying high level risks, assumptions and constraints.
- Conducts stakeholder analysis and identifies high level communication needs.
- Holds project kickoff with sponsor, stakeholders and project team.
- Performs the work to define and mature the project scope, develop the project management plan.
- Leads project planning to create WBS and gathers detailed work estimates to develop project schedule.
- Obtains project approval of scope, schedule and cost and establishes project baseline.
- Identifies project team resources, clarifies team member roles & responsibilities.
- Builds project communication plan.
- Works with IT leadership to establishes project deliverables, process and project performance.
- Develops risk response plan.
- Performs work according to project scope and project management plan to accomplish the project objectives. Guides project team during delivery.
- Performs work monitor and control, assesses project performance, trends and variances throughout project delivery.
- Identifies issues and evaluates possible alternatives and implements appropriate corrective action.
- Gathers work status information, prepares project status updates to sponsor and other stakeholders.
- Manages project financials and responsible for ensuring project costs are within approved limits.
- Promptly escalates budget risks and requests supplemental funding when necessary.
- Performs the work to formally terminate a project and transfer the completed product to operations or to close a cancelled project.
- Obtains final product acceptance and releases project team resources.
- Measures stakeholder perceptions.
- Conducts lessons learned assessment and provides recommendations to impacted stakeholders.
- Provides weekly updates on Project Status. Provides bi-weekly updates on Project. Participates in PMO Bi-Weekly Meeting. Participates in other PMO-specific efforts upon request of PMO Director.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing analytical work, such as business analyst, systems analyst, QA analyst or other related field. IT experience preferred.
- Demonstrated interest (i.e. training or participation on projects) in pursuing project management as a career.
- Project Management technique and tools (i.e. Microsoft Project, Sharepoint) experience is preferred.