Location: South Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The ideal candidate has a background in Quality Assurance with a strong drive to ensure that products released adhere to current best practice standards and meet customer expectations.
This position will require interaction with other members of the quality team as well as developers, project managers, customer support staff and working directly with the customer to ensure that requirements are being adequately tested.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated testing framework based on Selenium, Selenium Python bindings, and a Python BDD framework (Behave) across all systems.
- Work with the QA team to create scripts and test cases to complete automated testing.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Work with developers to improve overall software quality including adherence to coding standards, unit testing standards, and related development practices
- Execute and evaluate test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant QA Automation experience.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Should be able to understand the technical details of the product(s) and assist Development team in trouble shooting issues.
- Strong Automated Test tool proficiency with Practical experience on any Automation framework/ scripting like Selenium using Python, Java or any other open source automation technologies
- 3 years of experience in Python
- Familiarity with front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, XPath)
- Good problem-solving/debugging skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Good communication skills.