Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The position is responsible for undertaking testing efforts that include reviewing business requirements, preparing test plans and test cases, executing test procedures and scripts and documenting the testing of software solutions. In addition to coordinating the testing efforts, this position is responsible for improving the quality assurance processes.
This position must quickly learn about various business domains, gain an understanding of the business needs, and participate in the SDLC and part of the Agile team.
- Work closely with the cross-functional, Agile team to understand business, technical, and operational requirements of various software solutions developed by the company.
- Review functional and technical specifications and provide feedback.
- Actively participate in the development and review of User Stories.
- Analyze product requirements and develop test plans and test cases.
- Perform planned forward and regression testing.
- Conduct exploratory testing.
- Write bug reports and track defects, report on the testing progress, and propose improvements.
- Identify process enhancements that may improve testing methodologies, defect tracking, and change control.
- Provide testing metrics
- 2 years of experience in software testing, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Strong understanding of the testing lifecycle.
- Test case development and management in tools such as TestRail.
- Agile project planning and defect management using tools such as JIRA.
- Requirements and documentation management in tools such as Confluence.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and dealing with complexity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Understand how to communicate difficult / sensitive information tactfully.
- Knowledge of test automation tools such as Selenium Webdriver is a plus.
- SQL backend testing is a plus.
- API testing is a plus.