QA Testing Analyst
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Testing Analyst is responsible for assisting in defining and implementing the testing strategy for applications. This role will support efforts for designing test scenarios, conducting tests, identifying/tracking defects and supporting business users in their testing efforts. Applicants should understand the testing tools and methodologies necessary to support manual/automated testing and defect tracking.
- Executing on the approved testing strategy.
- Developing detailed test plans and test cases to verify that the software meets requirements.
- Identifying problems and defects that should be corrected prior to implementation.
- Verifying that the system responds in an acceptable manner within the Bank’s network environment.
- Performing regression testing to verify that all pre-existing code still works properly.
- Utilizing testing tools for defect tracking, automated testing and simulated load testing.
- Preparing and maintaining testing artifacts.
- Executing and maintaining test automation scripts.
- Facilitating test plan and results review with business users.
- Coordinating with the infrastructure team to manage test environments and configurations.
- Participating as a member of scrum product teams.
- Assisting senior resource to implement standard testing practices across scrum product teams.
- Contributing to testing meetings with product teams and subject matter experts, and ensure output is documented.
- Adhering to practices that maintain traceability from user stories to defects and resolutions in project/test management tool.
- Ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, business administration or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of experience with the following:
- Automated test scripting utilizing tools such as Selenium
- Vulnerability testing utilizing tools such as Qualys
- Defect tracking software utilizing tools such as VersionOne
- Experience incorporating testing efforts with Jenkins
- Practical experience in Agile SDLC concepts
- Familiarity with the following:
- SAFe concepts
- API-based testing
- Mobile test automation
- Oracle Database and PLSQL objects
- Subversion and ability to execute deployment scripts
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office