QT Linux Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
- Responsible for the internal development of web browser image on internal family of hardware platforms.
- Must be able to innovate new solutions while integrating solutions with existing platforms.
- Must be comfortable with development of embedded devices and responsible for vetting new hardware configurations/drivers.
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within our applications and hardware including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Participate with the engineering and development teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and services while investigating and analyzing new technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Linux/QT development or related
- Experience with Linux Ubuntu and QT Host/WebKit required
- Experience as a software engineer; demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and deployment tasks
- Experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines are part of the overall application architecture
- Experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: C++, C#, Linux, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
- Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed-environments including Linux, Unix and/or Windows
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Must be highly motivated with strong communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic team atmosphere