Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract
We’re looking for a customer-obsessed, experienced Salesforce developer and administrator to assist our customer support team onsite in Pittsburgh. We need someone who thinks on behalf of customers and internal stakeholders while they code/configure our internal Salesforce environment and external support site. To be successful, you need to have a true passion for identifying inefficiencies and improving them. Ideal candidates will have some experience in both developing and administering for Salesforce. If you’re interested in working on a rapidly evolving system loaded with interesting challenges and hard problems, we want to talk to you.
- Must be a creative and innovative thinker with an affinity for UX/UI and developing solutions that generate meaningful value and positive experiences for the end user
- Take ownership of project work while fostering internal relationships (should be a confident self-starter and team player)
- Serve as the technical expert for the team in determining the best approach to address a requirement. Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platforms and product.
- Communicate planned changes and obtain sign-off from both Director of Support and VP of Operations
- Attend regularly scheduled CRM meetings and share change information according to change management guidelines
- Design effective system architecture with a focus on usability and scalability. Function as an advanced Salesforce consultant understanding configuration, workflows, security, deployment, and custom objects.
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate benefits & risks to a solution’s feasibility & functionality
- Design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable Salesforce solutions with best practices, including new applications, web sites, and system enhancements
- Develop interactive, data-driven solutions in Salesforce utilizing APEX Classes and Triggers, Visualforce Pages, Lightning Components, and SOQL.
- Support Salesforce Object modeling
- Support data integration
- Develop solutions using Salesforce API and API workbench
- Develop advanced reports and dashboards
- Ensure best possible quality of the application using test classes for the code that you develop
- Identify bugs and align with requirements during debugging. Triage and fix bugs.
- Test bug fixes in sandbox environment to make sure they work as per requirements, pass user acceptance tests, then deploy them to production
- Proactively recommend business process automation and improvements based on newly established business process knowledge and prior experience
- Answer internal user/IT inquiries
- Take preventive actions that will improve application reliability and performance
- Additional scope may be proposed and agreed through the duration of this position
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems preferred
- 8+ years in-depth Salesforce development, creating custom components and/or extending existing Salesforce features.
- 8+ years in-depth work as Salesforce Administrator in configuration and deployment
- Thorough understanding and experience working with cloud based systems, specifically CRMs.
- Integration with systems of records and external applications
- Customer Service-related experience preferred
- Experience in automating business processes preferred
- Apex Coding
- Advanced Salesforce Community experience in addition to other Salesforce products
- VisualForce Coding
- Salesforce API experience
- SOQL / Work Bench / Developer Console
- Salesforce Processes and Workflows