Scrum Master & Project Manager
Location: Johnstown, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The scrum master is the team role responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use. To be successful in this role, a person must lead from a position of influence, often taking a servant-leadership stance. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience driving teams toward continuous improvement by removing barriers, facilitating effective ceremonies, fostering an environment of focus and discipline, and challenging team members to drive an effective team dynamic of mutual respect and team work. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE TEAM, THE QUALITY OF THE WORK, and STRIVING TO IMPROVE
- Clearing obstacles
- Establishing an environment where the team can be effective and focus
- Addressing team dynamics
- Ensuring a productive relationship between the team and product owner, as well as other stakeholders outside of the team
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions during a Sprint
- Coaching team members, and stakeholders, on the value, structure, and principles of Scrum
- Ensuring clearly defined requirements by working with the Product Owner and stakeholders to get questions answered, acceptance criteria identified, and defining the Definition of Done
- Facilitating effective Scrum ceremonies: Grooming, Planning, Daily Standups, Reviews and Retrospectives
- Adhering to quality standards with a focus on continuous improvement
Education & Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a business or IT-related discipline.
- Must have an understanding of IT systems design and development as well as business knowledge to act as an effective liaison Product Owners-Managers and the IT development team.
- Must have a Scrum Master certification from a certifying body with at least 5-years of experience as a Scrum Master.
The Scrum Master will be required to work from our headquarters in Johnstown, PA and/or the client site in State College, PA.