Location: West Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
The primary function of a Security Administrator is being specialized to protect the business from cyber-attacks and on computer systems form hackers and viruses. They handle all aspects of information security. They will also be involved in all aspects of audits and making sure we are compliant from a security role.
- Oversee the Security MSP on all types of security events and provide direction.
- Ability to detect, analyze and solve security incident problems.
- Ability to provide root cause analysis of problems.
- Perform anomaly detection and tracking.
- Ability to multitask.
- Perform internal vulnerability scanning.
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive.
- Performs checks for security violations.
- Perform Threat hunting on systems.
- Integrate systems with Global Threat Intelligence feeds.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluations.
- Perform Cyber security exercises for the company.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Teach others about information security.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- On Call 24×7
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with concentration in security, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related work experience, including tier II experience
- Comp TIA security certification
- System Administration Knowledge
- LAN Knowledge
- Proxy Servers
- Networking Knowledge
- Strong verbal and excellent written communication skills; strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Ability to handle change and ambiguity
- Effective in a fast paced environment
- Collaborative/enjoys working in teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical reports, and documentation
- Present information to executive and senior management teams, sales department, internal groups and/or clients