Senior Automation QA Engineer
Location: South Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Responsible for applying the principles and practices of software quality assurance throughout the software development life cycle, including software testing to detect, reduce, and fix errors in the software product to ensure quality output. Perform functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing and cross browser testing for all web applications.
- MUST have strong Selenium experience – able to fully automated and build test scripts is essential. Need a person to become the Selenium lead.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procedures, jobs and triggers.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, and test scripts.
- Work with developers to improve overall software quality including adherence to coding standards, unit testing standards, and related development practices
- Execute and evaluate test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Maintain and update training and audit databases to provide reports / indicators for discussion during QMS management review meetings
- Identify problems or deficiencies in products and QMS.
- Resolve problems QMS implementation issues.
- Track all the software related metrics in terms of schedule, effort, defects etc.
Education & Experience:
- Associates in science, technology, engineering or related field, required. Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering or related, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant technical experience, required with QA experience, preferred.
- Ability to review and interpret software specifications is required.
- Experience developing and coordinating of test cases, highly desired.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specification or verbal communications.
- Experience or ability being a liaison with cross-functional team members in development, project management, and customer support
- Solid documentation skills, and analytical ability, required.
- Must be detail oriented