Senior Business Analyst
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Contract to Hire
This role specifically requires in depth knowledge and experience around ITIL and ITSM. The candidate should understand service management best practices and have experience working with the technologies that support this effort.
- Drive the planning and management of a project, including determination of project scope and approach
- Apply knowledge of design, development and implementation of technology in conjunction with business process and organizational change to deliver lasting, measurable solutions
- Assist with developing the methods and procedures required to identify whether current business goals and objectives meet organizational needs.
- Analyze & document the current-state business processes to ensure that the context and implications of change are understood by the project stakeholders
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, translate high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs
- Develop the structure of a project plan including identification of all tasks the timing there of and the resources needed to move a client from their current state to their target state.
- Lead critical process improvement and change management initiatives across business areas that include identifying change opportunities, facilitating management and group sessions, and leading process redesign and rollout
- Assess client business, operations and technology strategies
- Deliver information effectively to clients through documentation and presentations
- Build and maintain client relationships both on personal and professional levels and work with different personalities
- Communicate status, issues, and risks to varying levels of individuals including top executives
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field / Master’s degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience driving, managing, analyzing, and delivering cross-functional, large-scale business solutions
- Experience in 2 of the following areas: finance, marketing, HR, operations, IT
- Open to traveling up to 50% of the time should the need arise
- Proven relationship builder; a “people person”
- Motivated self-starter with a stellar work ethic and a strong sense of urgency
- Very high attention to detail. Experience leading mixed teams of clients. Must have authorization to work in the US.
- Expertise in the different service areas within ITSM and knowledge around how these areas intersect and impact each other
- Experiences working with different ITSM solutions (Remedy, CA Service Desk, Service Now, Cherwell etc…) An ideal candidate will have experiences implementing these technologies
- The candidate should have experience around service management from a process perspective, ideally designing or re-engineering specific service workflows
- The candidate should also have experience understanding an organizations entire service catalog and the processes, organization and technology required to deliver each service
- Must be highly organized, and have the ability to organize diverse sets of information.
- Must be able to take high-level requests and translate them into actionable, efficient work tasks. Must be a motivated self-starter with a stellar work ethic and a strong sense of urgency
- Should have a sharp business sense and the ability to identify business opportunities – both for clients and for Business Forward.
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills. Ability to listen, formulate coherent arguments and deliver effectively. Should have excellent writing skills – ability to write documents, presentations.
- Should possess a creative vision – the ability to see non-traditional solutions to situations.
- Should be focused on the desired end result and be willing to do what is necessary to deliver quality results effectively, efficiently and on schedule.
- Must be flexible enough to tackle a variety of roles. Should thrive on change – one week will not be like the next.
- Must be a good team player and be a proven relationship builder; a “people person”. Must be willing to provide selfless help to other team members and the client with the understanding the he/she will could be an “unsung hero”.
- Must demonstrate ability to logically step through a problem from introduction to solution, as well as the ability to articulate the resolution steps.
- Must want to learn new experiences and grow over time and willing to ask for guidance or assistance when needed.
- Ability to understand the big picture of a business situation and how to identify and resolve key issues