Senior Business Analyst – SAP
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
A Business Analyst conducts research, monitors, maintains, and optimizes business solutions.
- Knowledge of business processes and SAP within a specific area of responsibility, defined by the position.
- Directly support users and corporate processes in the assigned area.
- Researches gaps in functionality, gathers requirements of users and presents recommendations to teams both technical and business.
- Excellent grasp of industry and subject matter best practices, trends, and concepts.
- Ability to apply these concepts into the SAP environment and business process.
- Strong Leadership skills, especially in the handling of Organization Change Management are strongly desired.
- Supports SAP ECC and related software
- Excellent Knowledge of Materials Management techniques, methods, and tools. Subject matter best practices
- Good understanding of SAP product lifecycle management
- Good understanding of SAP production planning, MRP, ATP, AOP.
- Knowledge of SAP Reporting capabilities, Business Objects is an advantage
- Develops process documentation for processes and procedures
- Participate in Service Desk function to resolve user related support calls
- Prepare and execute test plans for new functionality
- Publish communication related to the deployment of new functionality
- Translate user requirements into user requests and program specifications
- Work with programmers to assure compliance to program specifications
- Develop training outlines for end-users
- Liaise with Divisional Management to understand direction within their functional area of responsibility
- Monitor compliance with Service Level Agreements for site.
- Maintain security in compliance with Security directives.
- Ensure compliance to IT Policies and Guidelines.
- Proficient project management skills, utilizing recognized methodologies and frameworks
- Travel can range from 25%-50%
- Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Translate high-level information into details as well as summarize detailed information
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of business processes and best practices
- Knowledge of SAP in specified areas
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, equivalent work experience acceptable
- 7+ years of business experience in functional area
- 5+ years of SAP experience
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Relevant technical certificates a plus