Senior Business Analyst
Location: Poland, OH
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Under general direction of the Director of Application Development, the Senior Business Analyst role performs a variety of complex professional duties in providing Business Analysis support for the achievement of business goals and objectives. This role has responsibility for being the vital link between information technology (IT) and the business area by translating business needs via system software business specifications. This position may also be responsible for assisting with defining test plans and/or execution of those test plans.
- Define business requirements, functional design, system specifications, business processes and flow charts.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, study and understand system capabilities and how they affect the business processes.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Create appropriate documentation like Process Catalog, System Catalog, SIPOC etc. to convey impact of changes in applications.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work with the QA Analyst to create test plans for both positive and negative scenarios
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into business and technical requirements.
- Successfully engage in multiple medium to large-sized initiatives simultaneously
- Lead multiple BAs on various projects simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Coaching and mentoring of other members of BQA team.
- Assign various projects to other BAs and help them achieve stated goals.
- Fills supervisory role when Manager is out of the office
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and providers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, teams, and departments.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum two-year degree in some IT- or computer-related field; four-year degree preferred
- Combination of experience and education
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in the analysis of business processes.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience with the SDLC process.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in the Healthcare Insurance industry preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office suite of products
- Expertise in preparing documentation that capture the essence of an application using tools like Business Process Catalog, Interface Catalog etc.
- Expertise in writing Business Requirements both at high level and detail level.
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- Ability to work with business in uncovering the true business need and the best possible way to fulfill them.
- Ability to work collaboratively and use a variety of interpersonal communication methods to effectively convey information to business and non-technical audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to work on multiple efforts concurrently and shift priorities quickly
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.