Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This job plans, designs, tests and implements Business Intelligence solutions through use of BI tools, technologies and systems. Analyzes complex processes and develop technical and/or process solutions to meet business needs. The incumbent works collaboratively with customers and technical staff in all phases of projects, potentially including requirements gathering and change management. Acts as subject matter expert on projects regarding technology, resource needs, schedule and/or implementation. Follows all divisional and corporate project management guidelines.
This position will be responsible for the administration, development, and design of data integration processes. The data integration processes will include ingestion, transformation, and extraction following a standardized enterprise data architecture. They will be responsible for supporting day to day needs as well as working as part of project teams on larger initiatives. This person will deliver services for data quality, master data management, EDI, and ETL. This person will take requirements from various IT and business groups around data needs and work with external vendors to extract and ingest data files. Some of the core competencies needed for this role include requirements gathering (type of data, file layout, etc.), testing, data quality, and data validation.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to support business needs, following BI development best practices and innovative use of appropriate technologies and systems.
- Work collaboratively with business management & staff to deliver technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- Work effectively with customers in all phases of application development projects, potentially including requirements gathering, design, testing and change management.
- Provide end user support for BI solutions and applications, including investigation and resolution of issues regarding tool functionality and performance.
- Keep abreast of new BI and related technology and trends and assess when and if new technology is needed.
- Participate in quality or process improvement activities, including regular reviews of systems and technology. Design and implement modifications or improvements, based on those activities.
- Provide input on strategies and tactics regarding platforms, tools and technical staffing to meet customer needs.
- Provide input to business cases, contracts, project plans, scope of work, status and project summary reports.
- Follow and/or support prescribed project management guidelines. Project management responsibilities include documentation of design and technical testing, as well as managing and negotiating project scope, timelines and developing/defining project deliverables with business customers.
- Provide guidance and direction to other staff and may function as a team leader.
- Train employees, assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math or other related area or 6 years experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years of work experience
- 4+ years of ETL experience (preferred)
- 2+ years using Informatica (preferred)
- 1+ years EDI experience(HIPAA preferred)
- 5+ years SQL/PLSQL experience (preferred)
- Experience in enterprise data flow and architecture
- Experience in data warehousing and data modeling
- Health care industry experience (preferred)
- Seniority Level – Mid-Senior
- Management Experience Required – No
- Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree
*Willingness to Travel – Occasionally