Senior Digital Designer
Location: Northeast of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This individual will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of new application initiatives, and will be expected to code, test, debug and troubleshoot. Works closely with IT Business Analysts and other developers. Also, participates and sometimes leads the design review of development projects and plays a key role in the release of new applications and maintenance of existing applications. The ideal candidate will have experience leading development efforts at varying stages of the development lifecycle. Scope of work is both complex and diverse. Evaluates business criterion, situational data, and influencing factors then translates into conceptual models, deliverables, and targeted outcomes. May use procedures, best practices and independent judgment to determine appropriate action. Provides work effort estimates, work leadership, and mentoring.
The Senior Digital Designer provides creative thought leadership to our digital design strategy, creating digital ad campaigns and website experiences that capture our brand voice and deliver competitive edge. This role should show the ability to think creatively and translate strategic marketing objectives into design assets and user interfaces that compel and convert our users. Using digital best-practice standards, the Senior Designer will collaborate with our business strategy teams to deliver new website functionality, content, email, social, and on-site campaigns.
The successful candidate will show a track record of strong ability to learn the intricacies of the customer journey and business objectives, incorporating them into compelling layouts and concepts, tied to measurable KPIs. Candidate should be passionate about collaborative design process, partnering with Digital Analytics, Brand & Product Marketing, Digital & Customer Experience, as well as Executive stakeholders. Candidate should possess a firm grip on technical feasibility of design, striking the right balance between investment and return.
- Production of all artifacts for website experiences, editorial content, and multi-platform campaigns (email, social, on-site ads, etc.)
- Collaborate with MarComm Strategy, Digital Strategy, and Marketing Operations teams to learn business objectives, iterate on design concepts, and deliver on process and timeline
- Participate in go-live UAT of new campaigns and experiences, both self-created and developed externally.
- Partner with Site Analyst & Digital Experience Manager to measure and iterate on design product, including A/B & multi-variate testing, user testing etc.
- Develop templates where appropriate, testing and iterating to optimize
- Self-manage tasks and approvals to ensure timely project delivery
- Robust portfolio demonstrating skillset with multi-platform digital campaigns as well as core website elements such as navigation, PLPs, PDPs, CTA, editorial content, homepage, faceting, etc.
- Strong business acumen, including ability to tie design approach to strategic goals and brand identity
- Ability to present concepts to stakeholders, verbalizing how design approach aligns with business strategy
- Strong user-centric design skills, informed by UX best practices (certification preferred)
- Expertise in production of required digital artifacts including, heuristic evaluation, wireframes, sitemaps, user flows, design prototypes, graphic assets ,etc.
- Collaborative spirit, willing to share and learn from other team members, turning out a well-rounded design product
- Expertise with mobile-first and responsive design
- Highly experienced with digital standards such as accessibility, typography, cross-browser compatibility, etc.
- Proven ability to test and measure results and deliver iterative progression, leading to improved engagement and conversion
- Ability to work rapidly, with an agile approach
- Proven ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects, and deliver in accordance with strict timelines
- Working knowledge of design code languages, such as HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JS, iOS etc., and the development lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of toolsets required to deliver, such as Adobe XD, Photoshop, InVision, etc.
- Experience creating gifs, animations (video a plus)