Senior Director – Manufacturing
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Reporting to the Chief Manufacturing & Supply Chain Officer, this senior manufacturing management leader is responsible for all aspects of providing customers with quality medication management products at expected delivery and cost. This is a fast paced, daily operational role coupled with dynamic change management and strategic planning having the objective to increase market share of commercialized products and introduce new products. This role is parallel among a network of factory managers which are supported by a Global Supply Chain organization and work closely with the company’s Quality organization.
- Provide leadership and direction to team of 75 cross-functional team members with functional responsibilities across Procurement, Planning, Production, Logistics, Manufacturing Engineering, and Product Data Management.
- Partner with the Quality organization to instill a culture of Quality and Continuous Improvement.
- Provide senior leadership to achieve new product introductions which meet customer expectations
- Oversee production demand planning and execution.
- Assure manufacturing equipment and personnel capacity to meet company revenue requirements in conjunction with related space and facilities requirements.
- Oversee a low volume high complexity manufacturing facility with multiple product lines.
- Accountable for meeting KPI targets for employee safety as well as product quality, delivery, and cost.
- Plan and meet factory expense budgets and product cost targets.
- Manage and improve product inventory turns.
- Achieve product margin goals, driven by year over year cost reduction targets.
- Optimize supply chain choices for factory products through make vs buy decisions.
- Provide senior manufacturing leadership for information technology system transitions.
- Develop and coach direct and indirect team members.
- Collaborate across the factory network to leverage capabilities and resources.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 10+ years of manufacturing management experience with a minimum 5 years as a factory manager.
- Proven experience with low volume/high complexity technology products
- Quality System experience (e.g ISO 9001, FDA, ISO 13485 standards).
- Proven track record introducing new products.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and continuous improvement programs.
- Proven experience to optimize a product’s supply chain for both quality and cost.
- Proven track record developing and managing a team that works across an organization.
- Demonstrated cross functional leadership.
- Proven track record implementing strategic initiatives.
- ERP system experience.
- Lean implementation leadership experience.
- High growth company experience.
- Ability to create and execute operating plans.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated decision making capabilities.
- Excellently demonstrated verbal communication skills in individuals and group settings.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Mechanical or Industrial.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- SAP experience.
- Six Sigma or similar professional certificates.
- Multi product line experience.