Senior ETL Developer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Senior ETL Developer is responsible for translating data requirements into applications that employ appropriate data models and ETL solutions. Maintains understanding of data modeling and data integration technology trends and best practices and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units and IT.
- Analyzes, defines, develops, and maintains complex database structures and ETL architectures and applications. Creates data flows and ETL models defining the data transformation needs of projects. Ensures effective and efficient utilization of ETL processes when accessing, integrating, and delivering data between applications.
- Knowledgeable in Data Warehousing and Change Data Capture lifecycles and methodologies and Develops and implements data validation, auditing, reconciliation, testing methodologies, and integration processes. Coordinates with business/data analysts on data cleansing and data profiling activities to improve quality of data.
- Helps set standards and complies with Bank and data governance policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations. Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding the security of financial data.
- Works with IT groups to implement a disaster recovery and business continuance solutions for ETL processes, including the installation, configuration, and testing of software.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of strategic, architectural, and tactical plans for the Bank’s data warehouse and data integration technologies. Conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of systems, how that direction impacts the Bank, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the Bank.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience that includes knowledge of data warehousing, data integration, data transfer methodologies, and database management
- Five or more years of experience in data warehousing, data modeling, or data integration, including experience using relational, star-schema, and multidimensional data models.
- Five or more years of experience with Integration software (specifically the Informatica toolset, including PowerCenter, Metadata Manager & Data Quality)
- Knowledge of current practices, theories, and approaches to performance tuning and optimization of data integration processes, collection of metadata, table partitioning, materialized views, and parallel processing. Proficient in PL/SQL.