Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Northeast Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Support the IT department in all aspects of Finance and Accounting. Assist with preparation and review of project business cases for ROI and profitability analysis. Complete month-end close responsibilities including reconciliation, reporting, journal entries and accruals. Build annual budgets and monthly forecasts for all IT departments. Prepare financial and non-financial analysis for IT, Finance and Executive leadership. Build/review models to evaluate ROI and profitability. Ensure compliance with GAAP and company policies. Assist with review and resolution of questions/issues in the department. Provide support to supervisor on ad-hoc project requests.
- Develop timely, innovative and objective financial and non-financial analysis for IT, Finance and Executive management that leads to fact-based solutions for strategic business issues. Communicate analysis through graphics, written reports and meeting presentations. Advanced Excel and PowerPoint knowledge is essential.
- Prepare/Review project business cases and return on investment calculations for projects requesting capital investment. Build/review financial models to evaluate profitability and what-if trend analysis, including but not limited to NPV, IRR and Payback Period measures.
- Prepare fiscal capital and operating budgets for the IT department timely and accurately.
- Maintain working forecasts for the department throughout the year.
- Complete month-end closing duties for the IT department, including but not limited to preparing files for department review, recording journal entries, answering questions from IT and Finance management, review of income statements and balance sheet accounts, and reporting.
- Assist supervisor and other team members with ad-hoc analysis, modeling and data gathering projects as needed.
- Serve as a liaison between the Finance and IT departments. Ensure policies and procedures for IT-related topics are up-to-date and the department is compliant with the policies.?
- Review and assist with correcting issues arising with on-hand IT inventory management.
Education & Experience:
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Proficient in Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft Financials, Oracle Hyperion Planning (Essbase)
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Education Desired: Master’s Degree
- Certification Desired: CPA or CMA