Senior Front-End Developer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This is an e-commerce company, located in Pittsburgh, PA, focused on next-generation gifting business models. Our organization is committed to a positive work environment and we prioritize our culture to continue to facilitate our high performance as a cohesive culturally enlightened team. We use OfficeVibe, Bonusly, and other leading tech tools to ensure our initiatives are effective.
We’re hiring a Senior Front-End Developer to steer our implementation decisions, bridge the gap between design and development, and contribute to our three e-commerce applications.
Here, “front end” means:
- Building rich applications (using modern client-side technology, like React) so that configuring and purchasing our products is a great experience for our users.
- Marshalling the conversion of designs into a future-proof component system that allows for quick implementation.
- Designing and implementing the UI/UX for administrative and internal tools
- Ensuring our front ends render consistently across browsers and viewport sizes.
- Writing and discussing “implementation plans,” which let us verbalize our intentions and make sure we’re all building the same thing.
- Working with our back-end developers to arrive at API schemas that correctly support the front end.
- Drive our accessibility strategy.
We use these tools:
- Frameworks, etc: Bootstrap (lots), Foundation (some), Materialize (a little bit, and it’s going away), SASS.
- Server side: PHP, Symfony, Twig
- Native App: Experimenting with React Native
- Infrastructure: AWS (EC2 but moving to ECS), RDS.
- Pipelines: BitBucket, CodeDeploy
Our process needs work, and we want you to help us:
- Find efficiencies, be it load times, build pipelines, or design/dev hand-off processes.
- Identify the right tools and frameworks to use across the front ends of multiple business units.
- Implement HTML/CSS in modern browsers.
- Produce an excellent user experience.
- Understand and implement SEO best practices and use tools like Google Analytics for analysis.
- Achieve necessary and desired site performance and optimization. Manage assets on CDNs and understand how to get the most out of a site. You have a toolbox of services to help you evaluate a site’s performance.
- Provide guidance and drive consistency in front-end tooling choices. It’s a complicated ecosystem, and we need someone that understands it.
Experience required for this position:
- Experience working with designers to go from conceptualization to implementation.
- Some UX best practices and interest.
- Experience with Google Analytics or a similar tracking tool.
- Experience with e-commerce web applications, specifically around integrating with libraries from payment gateways.
- An understanding of the design and development pipeline, and how a tool like Zeplin can help.
- Practical knowledge of PHP or an equivalent server-side language.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits package designed to give them the flexibility they need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. We offer employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental
- Generous Paid Time-Off policy
- Incentive Compensation Plan (our employees have earned over $16m through this program since 2006)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Miscellaneous Perks:
- Employee recognition program
- Charitable Donation to a Charity of YOUR Choice yearly
- Refer Friends, and if we hire them you get awarded.
- Family Picnic, Holiday Party, and other employee outings
- On-site dry-cleaning pick-up service
- Flextime Scheduling
- Telecommuting Policy
- Top 75% pay range versus other local employers.