Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Location: South of Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Full-Stack Web Developer is responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Also responsible for designing overall architecture of web applications.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- In-depth project management experience
- Optimize websites for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Keep abreast of new web technologies
- Write comprehensive documentation
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field of study
- 5+ years hands on experience in back-end web development
- Proven experience as a full stack web developer or similar role
- Understanding of the entire web development process
- Experience and understanding of UI/UX design and development
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming principles and MVC architecture patterns
- Design, develop, and maintain relational database management
- Expert in front-end technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Skilled in modern development frameworks (e.g. Laravel, Vue.JS, or AngularJS)
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Knowledge of API development and Service Oriented Architectures (e.g. RESTful)
- Proficient with WordPress (constructing custom themes, creating/modifying plugins)
- General knowledge of accessibility and security compliance
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to work well under pressure and under short deadlines
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen & write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools, techniques.
- Professionally communicate with agency clients
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.