Senior Implementation Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
This is a customer facing position which requires excellent communication skills and the ability to convey technical system details in simple terms. This person will collaborate with internal technical support teams to deliver customer success through on-site route programming, equipment installation, and go-live support of implementations.
- Programming robot routes through company’s proprietary Linux based software
- Setup and network configuration of equipment (robots, PCs, Elevator Interface Panels)
- Maximize customer satisfaction and value from products.
- Monitor project responsibilities and ensure timely task completion.
- Prepare issue analysis, status updates, and special reporting to client team on a regular basis.
- Perform necessary hardware upgrades at customer sites.
- Review existing workflow processes and work collaboratively with customer to develop optimized solutions
- Capability to assist in resolution of discrepancies between user policies and software functionality through technical solutions or policy re-engineering.
- Maintain a high level of communication with the client to ensure proactive, solution-oriented problem identification and resolution.
- Troubleshoot and assist ongoing product implementations
- Provide guidelines and best practices for product implementation
- Analyze and understands root causes of issues and work with corresponding departments for resolution
- Ability to interface with Software, Mechanical, Electrical and IT Systems Engineers on a technical level.
- Assists intradepartmental requests for product testing
- Provide deep understanding of product knowledge
- BA/BS in Computer Science Engineering, Industrial Technology, or equivalent successful experience in similar industry role
- Proficient in Linux / Unix
- A solid understanding of network communications technology – Internet, Intranet, VPN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical hardware / electronic components.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Proven technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel 75%
- Automation experience in an industrial environment
- Customer implementation / customer support experience
- Application programing experience