Senior Java Programmer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Senior Java Developer’s role is to analyze, design and develop solutions to complex business and technical problems. This position requires strong coding and design competencies in Oracle Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) suite. The Senior Java Developer will work closely with Functional Analysts, Project Managers, Software Architects and the Operations group. The Senior Java Developer will develop and maintain custom Java classes. These classes contain complicated business logic and interface with a relational database using Hibernate. The position requires an intermediate level of competency with SOA/BPEL/ESB technologies in addition to a strong proficiency in SQL.
- Hands-on experience customizing Oracle’s CC&B suite using the OUAF. Hands-on experience customizing BOs, writing OUAF Algorithms, Plug-in Scripts and XAI services.
- Utilize proficiency across a wide range of technologies to contribute to optimization of software development and deployment
- Fluent in full-stack development including all aspects of J2EE application design, database design (Hibernate), system services (EJBs), and the user interface (HTML, Ajax, Struts, JSP).
- Optimize Java-based batch jobs using strong knowledge of JPA, Hibernate/HQL, multithreading and optimal heap management techniques
- Demonstrable experience designing, implementing and maintaining interfaces between in-house applications and third-parties
- Write, review and optimize SQL queries
- Work with the support team and the operations team to identify components within a large distributed system that require excessive manual intervention. Recommend programmatic fixes that minimize the system’s TCO.
- Write and review technical design documents
- Maintain JUnit tests. Write JUnit tests. Apply relevant ideas introduced by TDD methodologies to the existing software development process
- Use GoF design patterns when designing, developing and reviewing all code
- Actively work with Function Analysts to diagnose business problems and determine the LOE required to design and develop the solution
- Consult with end users on business needs, translate business needs into software requirements, and interface with IT, consultants and end users to ensure successful delivery of software solution. Ensure that all projects and tasks are delivered to specification and meet business requirements.
- Other duties as assigned to include: Documentation, team meetings, project work as assigned and other administrative tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Education & Experience:
- Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree.
- With 10+ years of relevant experience; role typically requires over 12 years of experience.
- Preferred: Industry certifications.
- Oracle Utilities Application Framework: XAI, BO/MO, Plugin Scripts, Zones, Portals
- Java, Hibernate, SQL
- XPath, XLST
- HTML, AJAX, JSP