Senior Java Software Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for providing expertise in all aspects of the design, development, testing, implementation, and integration necessary to support operations. In addition, this position requires strong written and verbal communications, documentation expertise, and the ability to work in a regulated environment.
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on contributions to all aspects of software development and implementation efforts including design, user requirements, programming, testing and software support for the information technology infrastructure.
- Efficiently develop high-quality, robust software. Develop and/or modify pre-existing software packages (primarily for internal use) to support business and workflow, including the Laboratory Information Management System.
- Build flexible systems that accommodate existing regulatory requirements and that can be modified to meet future requirements.
- Document all activities and developed software to comply with the Quality System.
Education & Experience:
- BS or MS degree and 5 years experience in java software development, including all aspects of the software life cycle
- Experience with J2EE, including EJBs, JPA (hibernate), and Web Services
- Experience with application frameworks (struts2) and strong SQL skills
- Proven track record of operating independently while demonstrating good judgment
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience with Linux a plus