Senior Office 365 Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Senior Office 365 Engineer will primarily be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting all components of the Office 365 environment. This role will serve as the subject matter expert for Office 365 and will assist in the design and implementation of the Office 365 governance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of modern enterprise architectures, identity and authentication services, and security and compliance topics as they pertain to cloud infrastructures.
- Exhibits strategic and technical experience focused on driving adoption of Microsoft cloud technologies, including Azure and Office 365.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for Office 365, Office 365 ProPlus, Exchange Online, SharePoint, Skype for Business and other Office 365 products.
- Actively participates in projects to provide technical guidance on the Microsoft Cloud offerings and capabilities as appropriate. Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the enterprise’s architecture needs and support of department standards.
- Performs ongoing administration and account maintenance of the Office 365 tenant, reflecting the ability to solve problems quickly, develop workflow and processes for operation teams, and automate processes through writing and maintaining custom PowerShell scripts to remediate any open issues.
- Acts as the primary contact for service escalations and issues troubleshooting, providing third-level support. Resolves client connectivity, client software distribution and mobile installation issues using Microsoft Office 365 support tools – Remote Connectivity Analyzer (RCA), Microsoft Online Services Diagnostic and Logging (MOSDAL), Transport Reliability IP Probe (TRIPP) – to analyze Office 365 service reports, auditing log and third-party service reports.
- Conducts research, makes evaluations & recommendations, & maintains a high level of expertise in systems software to ensure departmental operations & operating environment are of the highest quality.
- Participates in employee development through training and technology transfer to existing technical support team members.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations. Develops and implements software and configurations to apply appropriate system security mechanisms.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Seven or more years of experience in infrastructure/systems environments role; five years of that experience as a primary system administrator for email and\or server platforms
- Strong knowledge of networks, operating systems, system monitoring, security and technology infrastructure; Microsoft Certifications, such as Office 365 MCSA, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent, are desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Cloud technologies, including Skype for Business, Intune, Teams, Azure Rights Management, Azure Active Directory and SharePoint is highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting these platforms: Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, SharePoint, Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business, SMTP\Mail Relay, Outlook client configuration and PowerShell
- Knowledge of sound, industry-accepted server support practices and methodologies
- Working knowledge of PCs and client devices.