Senior Quality Assurance Analyst – Automation
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst – Automation is responsible for ensuring continuous improvement of QA test efforts by designing and implementing test automation. He or she will also assist in planning automation test strategy, designing and reviewing test cases, and executing automated tests to ensure proper operation and conformance to specifications of both the automation and system under test. The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will also assist the development teams in systems design impacting automation, will document and work to resolve basic problems, will report progress on problem resolution to management and will perform formal, technical risk assessments.
- Execute manual tests and identify the most efficient approach to select appropriate steps to automate
- Development of Test Automation
- Facilitation, execution, and reporting of automated testing
- Documentation of Automation Related Processes and Procedures including training of other testers on how to maintain and execute the scripts
- Work with Project Managers and QA Team in Automation Development planning and coordination of resources
- Ensure that the test team remains in compliance with established automation standards and best practices
- Expert level development experience with test automation tools and/or software including one or more of the following: HP QTP/UFT, Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, or IBM Functional Tester.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or Information Technology or related field required, or equivalent experience
- Experience with SQL and relational database concepts.
- Experience with TFS, JIRA or equivalent technology
- Experience in testing with cloud-based test services like PerfectoMobile, SuaceLabs or BrowserStack a plus
- Experience creating and implementing manual test scripts.
- Experience with determining project test strategies.
- Ability to effectively communicate to management issues, alternatives, and recommendations.
- Understanding of quality assurance as it relates to software development life cycles.
- Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining an overall project perspective.
- Ability to interact effectively with IT and business individuals/teams at all organizational levels.
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert on specific business systems.
- Ability to understand integration of all business systems.
- Ability to assess risk associated with project and system issues and to effectively communicate those risks both formally and informally.
- Experience: 5-7 years
- Software Quality Assurance/Testing Experience is required.
- Retail application experience is preferred.