Senior Revenue Accountant
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Senior Revenue Accountant consultants with the sales and legal teams, recommends options based on revenue implications of sales orders, and completes the daily reconciliation and conversion of sales contracts into sales orders for billing and revenue recognition purposes. This position ensures that all monthly transactions are accurately recorded and assists with updating revenue recognition schedules per company policy. The Senior Accountant collaborates across the organization specifically with the sales and legal departments, maintains a strong attention to detail, and adheres to the highest levels of integrity. In addition, the Senior Accountant may assist with other activities including the monthly close process and month end revenue reporting.
- Supports the sales and legal teams by providing guidance and recommendations on revenue implications surrounding sales orders.
- Completes all revenue recognition transactions while ensuring accurate sales order entry and revenue recognition schedules in accordance with company policies.
- Handles all invoicing questions related to contract and deal terms.
- Reviews, manages, and implements policies surrounding revenue recognition.
- Stays abreast of industry trends related to revenue recognition strategies and practices.
- Assists with process improvement and various projects surrounding revenue with NetSuite ERP system.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Accounting and Finance required
- 5 + years of experience in accounting or other finance related role
- Must have some type of ERP system (preferably NetSuit)
- Must have some exposure with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition Software
- Experience with software revenue recognition is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience accurately completing monthly financial reports on time.
- Experience coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit, and complying with tax filings.
- Strong ethics and values with demonstrated ability to adhere to the highest levels of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions using a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement coupled with a strong ability to learn on the fly (quickly learns new tasks, open to change).
- Ability to establish, manage, and develop relationships across the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.
- Required Outstanding writing skills to document determined outcomes and defined processes clearly.
- Ability to influence others by using a consultative approach, diplomacy, and tact. Actively listens to others’ points of view while also being able to take tough stand when needed.
- Challenges current thinking and brings others along to implement new ideas to improve business results. Enjoys the challenge of the unfamiliar task.
- Advanced Excel Skills such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s.